Anyone who needs to send or receive money quickly uses Western Union.
You’ll need to complete a “To receive money” form with the following information:
- MTCN (tracking number)
- Receiver name.
- Receiver city and country.
- Expected amount.
- Sender name.
- Sender city and country.
- 1 What details do you need to send money via Western Union?
- 2 What information do you need to send money?
- 3 Does Western Union ask for ID to send money online?
- 4 How anonymous is Western Union?
- 5 How can I send money to someone without a bank account?
- 6 Does Western Union need your address?
- 7 Can I send money Western Union without ID?
- 8 What information do you need to wire money internationally?
- 9 Why does Western Union need my Social Security number?
- 10 Does Western Union require ID?
- 11 Do you need a bank account for Western Union?
- 12 Can police trace Western Union?
- 13 Does Walmart have a Western Union in it?
What details do you need to send money via Western Union?
Start online, finish in store
- Your government-issued ID to be shown at the agent location.
- Your cash or debit card to pay for the transfer amount and fees.
- Your receiver’s first and last name, to be entered as it appears on their government-issued ID.
- Your receiver’s country, and in some cases*** their full address.
What information do you need to send money?
To send a wire transfer by bank, you will typically be asked to provide the following information:
- Recipient full name.
- Sender full name.
- Recipient phone number.
- Sender phone number.
- Recipient address.
- Recipient bank name and information.
- Recipient checking account information.
Does Western Union ask for ID to send money online?
All financial institutions, including Western Union, are required to collect additional identity information to know their customers better. You must be at least 18 years old to send or receive money with Western Union. You may be asked for additional identification verification when sending money online.
How anonymous is Western Union?
Western Union does not allow you to send money anonymously because the receiver must verify five details about the money transfer after receiving it. To send anonymous payments, go to the western union webpage and click the send money option.
How can I send money to someone without a bank account?
What are the best options to send money without a bank account?
- Use an online money transfer service.
- Compare money transfer services.
- Transfer to a cash pickup location.
- Send via mobile wallet.
- Use a money order.
- Use credit cards.
- Use prepaid debit cards.
- Mail the cash directly.
Does Western Union need your address?
Your receiver’s full postal address will also be required for these countries when sending from WU.com or the WU app to your receiver’s bank account, where available.
Can I send money Western Union without ID?
Note: You must be at least 18 years old with a valid, government-issued ID to send or receive money with Western Union. Your receiver will need to present an ID and answer the test question to receive the money.
What information do you need to wire money internationally?
What Information Is Needed for International Wire Transfer?
- The receiver’s full name.
- The recipient’s physical address.
- Bank name and address.
- The bank account number and type (e.g., checking, savings, etc.)
- The bank routing number.
- The amount of money being transferred.
- The reason you’re transferring the funds.
Why does Western Union need my Social Security number?
For government compliance and further identification, Western Union will require social security numbers mainly from the sender during the transaction. Sometimes this will happen to receivers, but not often. At least that’s how it works at the physical locations.
Does Western Union require ID?
A lot of people ask why they need to bring photo ID when they pick up a Western Union money transfer. Western Union requires receivers to provide photo ID as an added way of ensuring they are who they say they are – and although it’s not 100% reliable, this simple procedure helps protect your money transfer.
Do you need a bank account for Western Union?
Sending money with the Western Union money transfer service from an agent location does not require credit cards, debit cards, bank accounts, or memberships. You will need to show valid identification. How much money can I send from an agent location? You can usually send any amount you wish.
Can police trace Western Union?
Law enforcement agencies requesting information about a money order generally must provide the 11-digit money order number in order for Western Union to be able to retrieve them.
Does Walmart have a Western Union in it?
Walmart Offers Western Union Services At 4,700 US Stores Walmart and Western Union have rolled out the money transfer company’s services at the retail giant’s nearly 4,700 stores across the U.S.