- You may obtain your bank routing number in several ways if you do not have your checkbook with you or do not use paper checks. Statements from the bank. Take a look at your most recent bank statement. Most banks will include your ABA routing number in the account information that they provide to you each month through mail or email
- However, some banks may not.
- The bank’s website. Many financial institutions prominently display their ABA routing numbers on their websites. Be careful that certain financial institutions have several routing numbers.
- Make a phone call to your financial institution. When in doubt about your bank’s routing number, you can phone your bank and ask the staff to confirm that the ABA routing number is valid
- However, this is not recommended.
- Make use of the American Bar Association’s online lookup tool. The American Bankers Association website offers a free ABA Routing Number Lookup tool that may be used to find for routing numbers for banks.
In the bottom left corner of each check, you’ll see a nine-digit number that corresponds to your routing number. The second set of numbers written on the bottom of your checks is your individual account number (which is normally between 10 and 12 digits long).
How do I Find my routing number?
It is also possible to locate your routing number by looking at your bank statement if you do not have any checks on hand. It’ll be the 9-digit number that’s printed next to your account number on your statement.
What is a routing number for bank accounts?
An account number and a routing number are required for every bank account in the United States in order to be identified. Because your account number is readily visible on monthly statements as well as online and mobile accounts, you may be fairly familiar with it. The routing number (sometimes known as an ABA routing number) is a number that is less frequently observed.
How do I Find my routing number for direct deposit?
Here’s where to look for it: Sign into your EasyWeb account for the first time. 2 Select ‘Accounts’ from the drop-down menu on the left. 3 Choose the account for which you want your routing number to be assigned. 4 On the right-hand side of the website, click on the link that says ″Direct deposit form (PDF).″ This will open a PDF document in a pop-up window.