The pensioner concession applies to 1 vehicle per eligible customer. If you have more than 1 vehicle, you must nominate the vehicle you want to receive registration concessions.
- 1 Do pensioners pay for car registration in Queensland?
- 2 Can my partner use my pension card?
- 3 Do seniors get a discount on car registration in Queensland?
- 4 How do I add a concession card to my Rego Qld?
- 5 What discounts do pensioners get in Qld?
- 6 Do pensioners get a discount on drivers licence in Qld?
- 7 Is a pension card the same as a healthcare card?
- 8 What does JS mean on a pension card?
- 9 What does pension card entitle you to?
- 10 What benefits do pensioners get in Qld?
- 11 Do Coles give seniors discount?
- 12 What age do you get a seniors card in Queensland?
- 13 Can you register a car in two names Qld?
- 14 What is a Queensland Seniors Card?
Do pensioners pay for car registration in Queensland?
Queensland retirees will continue to receive concessions on energy, water and transport under budget measures announced by the Palaszczuk Government. Concessions of up to $710 are available for eligible pensioners, and discounts of 50 per cent will be available for car registration and public transport fares.
Can my partner use my pension card?
The good news is that your partner should be entitled to concessions as he is named on your Pension Concession Card. He will receive prescription medicines on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme at a concession rate. However, bulk billing and reduced-rate medical appointments are given at the discretion of the provider.
Do seniors get a discount on car registration in Queensland?
Queenslanders with a Seniors Card or Pensioner Concession Card may be eligible for registration discounts. Prescribed services persons (current or former members of the Australian Defence Force) may also be eligible for this concession if they are receiving a disability pension.
How do I add a concession card to my Rego Qld?
Complete the registration concession application (F3937) and take it to your nearest transport and motoring customer service centre or, if you live in a rural area, a QGAP office, Magistrates Court or local police station that provides vehicle or boat registration services—please call to confirm before visiting.
What discounts do pensioners get in Qld?
If you hold a Seniors Card, you may be eligible for:
- Concession fares on public transport and long-distance rail services.
- Concessions on motor vehicle and recreational boat registration.
- Electricity and reticulated gas rebates.
- Free prescription spectacles.
- Free dental care.
Do pensioners get a discount on drivers licence in Qld?
Currently in Queensland, holders of a Queensland Seniors Card are not eligible for any concessions on driver licence fees. The LNP will halve the cost of licences for seniors. Our discount will see driver licence fees range from around $36 to $82 as opposed to the existing fees under Labor which could cost up to $165.
Is a pension card the same as a healthcare card?
Is a Pensioner Concession Card the same as the Health Care Card? No, the Pensioner Concession Card and Health Care Card are different concession cards offered by Services Australia.
What does JS mean on a pension card?
certain older benefit recipients (i.e. long-term income support recipients aged over 60, who are currently in receipt of JSP, PA, WA, PPP, SpB) PPP recipients who have a partial capacity to work. JSP and YA (job seeker) recipients who either have a partial capacity to work or are single principal carers, and.
What does pension card entitle you to?
With a Pensioner Concession Health Card you can get cheaper medicine, bulk billed doctors visits and help with hearing services. With your card you can get: cheaper medicine under the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme. bulk billed doctor visits – this is up to your doctor.
What benefits do pensioners get in Qld?
Medical and disability concessions
- Medical aids and equipment.
- Dental, optical and hearing services.
- Electricity life support.
- Medical Cooling and Heating Electricity Concession Scheme.
Do Coles give seniors discount?
10% Discount for all Senior Card Holders Tue&Wed at Coles.
What age do you get a seniors card in Queensland?
If you’re a permanent resident of Queensland you’re eligible for a Seniors Card if you are 65 years or older and working less than 35 hours a week in paid employment.
Can you register a car in two names Qld?
Note: If the vehicle is to be registered in joint names both parties must provide suitable personal identification. Proof of Qld garage address (to confirm that the address exists- Qld driver licence, property rates notice, gas, phone or electricity account).
What is a Queensland Seniors Card?
The Queensland Seniors Card is a benefit for eligible Queensland residents who meet certain age, employment and other criteria. It can be a valuable key to unlocking a range of discounts and benefits from participating businesses, as well as accessing certain Government concessions and the Senior Shopper service.