You or any other authorised person can close your account by:
- visiting a branch and providing sufficient identification to close your account. You can locate a branch address on our website; or.
- calling us on 132 032 or if you are overseas on +61 2 9155 7700.
- 1 How do I close my Westpac bank account online?
- 2 Can I close my bank account through online?
- 3 How can I close a bank account?
- 4 Can I close my bank account through phone call?
- 5 How long does it take to close bank account?
- 6 How do I avoid Westpac monthly service fee?
- 7 Is it bad to close a bank account?
- 8 Will bank account automatically close?
- 9 What happens when you close a bank account?
- 10 Will a bank account automatically close if it reaches zero balance?
- 11 What do I write when closing a bank account application?
- 12 How do I know if my bank account is closed?
How do I close my Westpac bank account online?
How do I close my account?
- Sign into Online Banking or the Westpac App (eligible credit card and Flexi Loan accounts)
- Visit a branch.
- Call 132 032 or +61 2 92939270 if overseas.
Can I close my bank account through online?
You cannot close your bank account online. You need to visit your home branch where you opened the account. So you need to walk into the home branch where you have an account and request them for account closure.
How can I close a bank account?
To close the account, call your bank, visit the bank in person, or write a letter to their offices. Your bank will have you sign an account closing form to make it official. If you don’t withdraw the cash first, then your bank will send you a check when the account has closed.
Can I close my bank account through phone call?
You can usually easily open a bank account online, but you often can’t close it online. Many banks and credit unions will only let you close an account if you go into a branch or call them on the phone. Just remember: If you still have funds in the bank account, transfer them to another account, or withdraw the cash.
How long does it take to close bank account?
Closing a bank account is a straightforward process, but it can take an unexpectedly long time if you aren’t prepared. Depending on a few different factors, the process can take a day, a week, or even a few months. In most cases, closing a bank account can be finalized in one or two days.
How do I avoid Westpac monthly service fee?
With a Westpac Choice account, the Account-Keeping Fee is waived if you deposit at least $2,000 each month and it may also be waived in other circumstances, such as if you’re a fulltime tertiary student or under 21.
Is it bad to close a bank account?
Closing an account may save you money in annual fees, or reduce the risk of fraud on those accounts, but closing the wrong accounts could actually harm your credit score. Check your credit reports online to see your account status before you close accounts to help your credit score.
Will bank account automatically close?
If you haven’t used your savings or current account for any transactions for over 1 year, the account becomes inactive. If the account has been inactive for 2 years, it becomes dormant or inoperative.
What happens when you close a bank account?
You’ll have to take care of any outstanding checks, pending transactions, or autodrafts that post to your account after it’s been closed. Your old bank will likely notify you of any outstanding balance by mail, so be sure to open up anything you receive from them.
Will a bank account automatically close if it reaches zero balance?
Any Account with zero balance, regardless of status, may automatically be closed by the Bank without notice.
What do I write when closing a bank account application?
The format of the bank account closing letter should include the below-given details:
- Addressing the Branch manager.
- Name and address of the bank.
- Subject line.
- Salutation (Sir/Madam)
- Body of the letter.
- Thank you.
- Closing with yours Sincerely, truly, etc.
How do I know if my bank account is closed?
If It’s Your Account The easiest way to tell if your account has been closed is to call your bank. You’ll need to provide information to identify yourself, such as your name, address, phone, Social Security number, PIN, account number and secret security question (such as your mother’s maiden name).