How Much Do Bank Teller Jobs Pay per Hour?
|Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
- 1 Which bank pays the most as a teller?
- 2 Is a bank teller job easy?
- 3 Do you need a degree to be a bank teller?
- 4 Which banks pay the best salary?
- 5 How much do Chase tellers make?
- 6 How do you get hired at a bank?
- 7 How do bank tellers count money?
- 8 What does a bank teller do all day?
- 9 Can bank tellers move up?
- 10 How do I get a bank job with no experience?
Which bank pays the most as a teller?
Top companies for Tellers in United States
- Frost. $18.00. per hour. 348 reviews42 salaries reported.
- KeyBank. $17.79. per hour. 1984 reviews6 salaries reported.
- UW Credit Union. $17.77. per hour. 37 reviews14 salaries reported.
- People’s United Bank. $17.71. per hour.
- Suncoast Credit Union. $16.97. per hour.
Is a bank teller job easy?
Depending on your branch, this position can be quite stressful. Lines can get long and some customers take a lot of time to wait on, with lots of questions and transactions.
Do you need a degree to be a bank teller?
Bank tellers are typically entry-level positions at banks that directly interact with and service customers. Most employers require at least a high school diploma, but advancement will often require a bachelors degree.
Which banks pay the best salary?
LIST OF TOP 10 HIGHEST PAYING BANKS IN THE UNITED STATES
- American Express Amex.
- Capital One Financial Corporation.
- Morgan Stanley.
- Wells Fargo.
- JPMorgan Chase.
- The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
- State Street Corporation. The average base salary for vice presidents: $110,618.
How much do Chase tellers make?
The typical Chase Bank Teller salary is $16 per hour. Bank Teller salaries at Chase can range from $10 – $21 per hour.
How do you get hired at a bank?
Here’s are the requirements to work at a bank:
- Complete your diploma or GED. To become a bank teller, you first have to receive your high school diploma or GED.
- Earn a certification. A bank teller certification validates your skills in banking operations, customer service and ethics.
- Pass a background check.
How do bank tellers count money?
Count your cash drawer at the start of each workday. The bank should have a spreadsheet that will allow you to keep track of how much you have in each denomination. For example, count your $100 dollar bills and write the amount on the spreadsheet under $100 denominations.
What does a bank teller do all day?
Tellers provides account services to customers by receiving deposits, cashing checks, distributing savings withdrawals, logging night and mail deposits, issuing cashier’s checks or traveler’s checks, and answering questions in person or on telephone. Most tellers are hired full time and work during the day.
Can bank tellers move up?
Experienced tellers can advance within their bank. They can become head tellers or move to other supervisory positions. Some tellers can advance to other occupations, such as loan officer. They can also move to sales positions.
How do I get a bank job with no experience?
How can I get a job with no experience? Talk to the manager and let her know you are interested in working at the bank, but don’t have any experience yet. You may need to work as an intern (for free) for a while so you can learn the ropes.