If you want to cash a stimulus check without showing identification, you must find someone you can trust and have them endorse the check. In order to do so, you would need to first discover whether the endorsee’s bank authorizes third-party check cashing without a valid ID. If your bank does not provide this service, you may be able to use the ATM check cashing services at your bank.
How to Cash a Check If You Don’t Have a Bank Account or Identification
- Cash it at the bank that issued the check (this is the name of the bank that is pre-printed on the check)
- Cash a check at a merchant that accepts checks (such as a discount department store, a supermarket store, or other similar establishment)
- Pay the cheque in cash at a check-cashing establishment
How do I cash a stimulus check without any fees?
You will need to call your local bank in order to find out how much they charge for check cashing services.If you opt to cash your check at a bank, you might want to consider creating a bank account to make the most of your efforts.Opening a free checking account allows you to access your stimulus payment through debit card while avoiding the costs associated with traditional bank accounts.
Can I deposit a stimulus check with an expired ID?
ANYONE has the ability to deposit a person’s cheque into their bank account.There is no requirement for endorsements.All around, things are safer and easier.How can I cash a stimulus payment if my identification has expired?Get yourself a new identification card.
- This is the only method to ensure that the check is cashed.
- You may deposit money into your bank account without providing identification, then wait 3 to 4 days for it to clear before withdrawing the funds.